Thursday, November 1, 2018

One Room Challenge- Week 5



So here it goes... I've decided to participate in something called the One Room Challenge . This is a national event, where designers and decorators transform a room in 6 (yes...SIX) weeks. Every participant has the option to work on a client's space or their own. I have decided to do this challenge with my own living room. It's really a sitting room, as I don't have a television in it, but it's one of the first rooms you see when walking into my home........ and it needs some LOVE. Every week I will be giving an update on what is happening through my blog and Instagram.  For six weeks I will be inviting you into my home, and what I'm sure will be a chaotic mess (packed full of bloopers and surprises) to see first hand what goes into a transformation. I will be getting new flooring, furniture and decor. (well, that's the plan anyway, ha!) The challenge starts October 4th, with the final "reveal day" on November 8th.

Bring on Nov. 8th!!!! It's hard to believe we are in the 5th week of the ORC. Things have been moving right along. Flooring is installed, artwork is hung, and now it's all about furniture placement and final touches... the "styling" portion of it all...

My goal with this room was to create a comfortable, yet stylish area. Mixing metals and finishes was always part of the plan. I also wanted to add depth by introducing different textures. Texture makes a room interesting. It appeals to both our visual and tactile senses. There are so many different ways to do this, but I chose layering as my primary method.

Here are a few updated photos...





I have photography scheduled for this coming Sunday (pushing it...I know), and I'm so excited to share the "final reveal" on the 8th. Maybe I'll follow up with a cocktail party?!?... that seems appropriate ha ha... Anyway, thank you for following along with me on this 6 week journey.

Chicly Yours,

Nikole



2 comments:

  1. Love what you did during this challenge with your sitting room! It looks now so polished and stylish! Great job, LOVE IT!

    BESA GM Interiors

    ReplyDelete